Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Katy Perry: The Girl With a Sugarcoated Edge

The first time I heard about Katy Perry was on The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, where her song Simple, which is a pretty cool tune. But now with I Kissed a Girl hitting the airwaves pretty hard, it's obvious that this chick isn't afraid tell it like it is.

“I think people appreciate a songwriter who shows different sides. The whole angst thing is cool, but if that’s all you’ve got, it's just boring. Everything I write, whether it’s happy or sad, has a sense of humor to it," the Santa Barbara-based singer-songwriter said on her MySpace.

Her debut album, One of the Boys, will be out on June 17, while I Kissed a Girl and EP, UR So Gay is available on iTunes.

Here's the video for the title track on her EP...

No comments: