Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Monkey Disco Ain't Bad and Starlight Soothes My Soul

I was never really a big fan music that doesn't really come from actual instruments better known as electronica. Actually I just tried to avoid it all together. That was until I was slotted to photograph Simian Mobile Disco on Oct. 18.


It could've been all the people getting the Music Hall of Williamsburg bumping or the bright lights and hard beats. Or it could be everything combined. All I know is that night got me hooked on this Brit duo.

Here's a clip of from their CMJ performance filmed by supmag. Warning: You may see stars for hours or days after watching this.


Thanks to a friend, I recently got hooked on Straylight Run. Based out of Long Island's Nassau County, the band is a combination of a number of veteran musicians, including former Taking Back Sunday members John Nolan and Shaun Cooper. Releasing their self-titled album in 2004, Straylight Run dropped The Needles The Space in June 2007. Carrying an indie rock sound, their lyrics are thoughtful while the vocals are soothing. Soon We'll Be Living in the Future may be their newest single, but Existentialism on Prom Night is still an oldie but goodie for me.


Straylight is scheduled to hit up New York's Irving Plaza on Dec. 14. Be sure to check them out!

No comments: